1/30/09

Time Marches On

Funny how time has a way of getting away from you. I don't know how this keeps happening to me but it does.
When we arrived at preschool this morning I was quickly reminded that it was the day to pick up the pictures we had taken two weeks ago. I was SHOCKED to view Makaylas pictures. She had not only grown but her face had changed. Not a subtle change either a dramatic change that instantly brought tears to my eyes. Her baby face is gone... how in the world did this happen? I will soon get the pictures posted here on the blog and also show the picture of her from exactly one year ago. You just wont believe the change in her! It will take your breath away for sure.
Im so proud to announce that Devin received his acceptance letter yesterday to Texas State Technical College. He was so excited about it and is really looking forward to attending next fall. I am trying to talk him into taking the two year associates program but he is barking about it and only wanting to take the one year certificate program. Of course I will be scanning a copy of that to share on the blog as well!
Sunday night was trunk or treat at the church and wow what a great time Jess, Shelley and I had with our tables. Shelley was busy as a little bee doing the dry ice experiments, Jess was showing the kids how to make slime and I was passing out candy and doing a little craft with the kids. We had oodles of fun and even managed to take first place with the trunk decorating contest! We won a little trophy and when I say little I mean this thing was a total of about three inches high... its so cute! As soon as I get Jess to forward me some pics (hint hint Jess) I will share those on the blog too!
I spend the entire weekend reading the Twilight series of books by Stephanie Meyer and let me just tell you that they are SOOOOO GOOD! (thanks Jess for turning me onto them) I have to say thats its one of the best reads I have had in a good while and I am almost suffering from depression now that the series is over. I was left wanting more... much more of the story. Maybe Stephanie will write more about Bella,Edward and their many adventures. If you love a good romance with a lot of action, near death experiences and a werewolf or two thrown in for good measure you cant beat this series of books!
I had a great day at school today and love teaching the kids. We have a great group of little ones that are just a delight to work with. Judy my co-teacher is fabulously fun to work with too! I have to come up with something good for her birthday party this year because she will be turning the big 5-0 so if anyone has any great ideas on what to do for her birthday I would love some input. The funny thing is that her birthday is Jan 31... what a quinky-dink (thats Devin's birthday too)!
Welp thats all for me tonight! As soon as I get the computer hooked up to the scanner I will get the pictures scanned and share them with you! And Jess if you are reading this... send pics soon!!! *giggle*

0 comments: