1/30/09

My Twilight Adventure

So last night my crazy friend Jessica and I went to the midnight showing of Twilight! We were surrounded by the giggles and silliness of 200 teenagers but it was definitely fun! Im certainly paying for it today! There is something about being 34 and staying out until 3am that just doesnt work. Everything in my body is screaming at me! Of course being sick doesnt help either, I cant stop my nose from running off my face and I feel like I have been hit by a light mac truck.
We started by meeting at Boo Rays where we had some iced tea and fried pickles! yummmmo Then like a couple of crazy people we headed to the movie theater where we stood in line for an hour waiting for our seats! We did manage to get the best seats in the house!
Jessica introduced me to the Twilight series and I fell in love with the books and the characters so I couldn't help but want to see the movie. You know the movies are never as good as the books but this one at least stayed true to the book. They didn't add a bunch of scenes in the movie that weren't also a part of the book. They did however leave out a bunch of the book. I wish they would have done more with Alice's character because she was such a vital part of the series and of Edward and Bella's relationship. I was disappointed with the prom and the way that played out in the movie. All in all though it was fun to see the characters come to life. The cinematography was incredible and I agree with Jessica in that it totally made the movie!
I am so thankful that God brought Jessica into my life! I love having a new pal to hang with! Jessica we will have to do that again sometime... after I recover from last night!

0 comments: