2/27/09

Devin's Competition

I know I havent mentioned it here yet but today Devin had a competition in Waco with some of his automotive class. I thought this was a team thing but turns out it was an individual participation and based on his knowledge of cars alone.

The first stage of the competition was a written test. Normally this would be really hard on Devin but he said it went really well and he was one of the first five done. Once the boys completed this timed test the were ranked based on their scores. The top 16 were chosen to then move on to an applications type test where they are ranked based on their hands on knowledge. Devin was one of the top 16 and thus moved on to the second stage of testing! wooohooo Devin! WTG kiddo!

He said he did well on most of the hands on tests but there were some he felt he didnt do so well in. Unfortunately we wont know if he will be sent to the state competition until Monday but I will be sure to post where he ranked in that and let you know if he will go on to the next big competition in Corpus Christi! He had such a great time today and came home with some funny stories. I love it when this kid has fun in a positive way. Its definitely God answering my many prayers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Devin! I'm lucky I know where to put the gas in my car, forget about anything else.

Hope he places for state!