2/11/09

Depression... an FYI for my friends

Some of you know but most of you don't that I suffered a severe bout of depression from 2001-2003. It was horrific to the point of me not leaving my house for a long time. It was a struggle to get out of bed, brush my teeth and so on and so forth. It was a scary time in my life and one that I hope to never relive. I bring this up because I am going to need help from my friends to pull me out of the funk I am starting to get in to.

How can I tell that I am starting to get depressed? Quite simply... I am getting a case of the woes Me's! I really think that all this pain and illness is causing me to get depressed and I just cant have that happen again.

Luckily for me I have a great hubby who helps me through these things and some pretty great friends too that I know will give me a kick in the pants if I need it. Since I am already recognizing the signs of depression setting in I am making a conscience effort not to let it grab me the way it did in the past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have 2 kids in karate and one husband. Don't make me send them over there to go tae-kwan-do on your hiney. Cuz you know I will--- and they'll enjoy it because they like to spar. :)

You have Christ in your corner, Kat. You can do this! [But if I see you slacking - it's karate chop time!]

Anonymous said...

It has been a rough couple of months for you, and I can see how it can get you down. I'm so proud of you for recognizing the signs and wanting to get out of "the funk" before it gets too deep.

Like Shelley said, you have Christ in your corner. He will carry your burdens...just take it to the cross.

Plus, I will go cornholio if you get all sad and don't want to do Thursday Morning Donuts. That is just NOT acceptable! ;)